Interpreting ATF regulations is only half the battle... Achieving Compliance with the ATF / Gun Control Act requires a disciplined, operational approach that will get regulators comfortable with your environment. Remember, compliance isn't a project, it is a way of conducting business.
- We do not: Provide compliance strategies that are just good enough to survive a regulatory negotiation. Operating in grey areas is unpredictable.
- We do: Implement sustainable processes and systems that make you compliant. Black and white is safe and repeatable. It is our goal to make you compliant so that firearm legal services aren't needed.
- We are: Experts at making your ATF Firearms compliance program operational.
Are you familiar with the Four Pillars of Firearms Compliance?
Four key areas work together to achieve compliance with the the Gun Control Act of 1968, ATF’s Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2005 (Publication 5300.4), State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms (Publication 5300.5) and various ATF rulings. They are: Firearm General and Licensing Controls, Firearm Marking Controls, Firearm Tracing Control and Physical Firearm Control and Security. Although the regulations are stated in the ATF forms and rulings mentioned above, operationalizing them for sustainable compliance is not easy. Often, that requires the implementation of robust processes and systems, training and monitoring programs to ensure that compliance is maintained.
|Orchid Advisors is the founder of the Four Pillars methodology and is uniquely positioned to help its clients meet the expectations set forth by our regulators. Our goal is to design sustainable operations that alleviate the risk of license revocation.
We have developed tools that can be instantly deployed at your facility. These include:
- Mock Assessments
- Enhanced Firearm Marking and Tracing Control
- Enhanced Physical Firearm Control and Security
- Benchmark vs ATF Firearms Compliance Controls Library
- ATF Firearms Compliance Internal Audit Program
- Oracle, SAP and Legacy System Implementation Tools
- Tailored ATF Compliance Training
Our corporate and regulatory compliance advisors work with cross-functional members of your organization to achieve or exceed ATF expectations. Typically, this begins with an assessment of processes, systems and controls in the following areas: Engineering, Information Technology, Shipping / Receiving, Manufacturing Operations and Records Compliance. Our assessment begin with a high-level understanding of your business model and product flow, and, many times lead to an in-depth review of transaction records.
Indicators of Need
- ATF inspection on the horizon
- Have not had your first ATF inspection
- Lost / missing firearms
- Lack of a formal ATF compliance program
- Manual book of Acquisition & Disposition
- Moving / consolidating facilities
- Lack of ATF compliance understanding
- On-site Engineering / R&D
- Employee firearm use
- Firearm manufacturer
- Firearm dealer / retailer
- Firearms distributor
- Firearm importer
- Seeking increase gun control and physical security
- ATF Compliance Program Assessment
- Physical Firearm Control and Security Enhancements
- ATF Compliance Education
- ATF Compliance Benchmarking
- Implement Electronic Record Keeping
- ATF Compliance Program Implementation using the Four Pillars of Firearms Compliance
- General and licensing
- Product Marking
- Product Tracing
- Product Physical Control
- Internal Audit and Monitoring Programs
- ATF Liaison Support
- Representation at ATF Meetings
- Firearm Import and Export and Compliance with ITAR, ATF and others
- Firearms Classification
- Tracing Program
- ATF System Implementation (SAP, Oracle, Legacy Systems)
- Preparation for ATF Inspection
- Closing Your FFL
Regulations - You Need to Know
- Lacking critical regulatory knowledge?
- Need enhanced firearms physical control, security or help with the Gun Control Act of 1968?
- Poor ATF inspection results?
- Implementing or modifying your ERP?
- Compliance isn't part of the culture?
Give us a call.
We offer in-depth training on ATF, FCPA and SOX regulations. Our training is hands-on and tailored to meet the needs of every level (Machine Operator to CEO). Sample sessions might include:
- Broader responsibilities of an ATF FFL "Responsible Person"
- What role should your shipping and receiving department play in ATF compliance?
- How do I know which international markets present the greatest FCPA risk?
- How should I modify my existing FCPA program to comply with the UK Bribery Act?
- How do I turn SOX compliance into something of operational value?
At Orchid Advisors, we:
- Provide real-world, process and system-level change that protect revenue and grow margins.
- Implement sustainable processes and systems that make you a regulator's role model.
- Use industry-experienced resources to identify tactical, strategic and Board-level issues.
- Bring cultural change and provide tools to continuously develop your people and infrastructure.
Firearms Industry - Virtual Compliance Roundtable
One step closer to a smarter and more relaxed industry.
Join fellow Legal, Compliance and Operations personnel every month and confidentially ask questions that you would otherwise be afraid to ask. Share with your peers - best practices and operational strategies on ATF Firearms Compliance and The Gun Control Act including: General Controls, Firearms Marking and Tracing Controls and Physical Gun Control / Security.
Sign Up Now
Join us at Shot Show 2013 - Las Vegas, NV. Learn more about optimizing your ATF / Gun Control Act Compliance, Firearm Tracing Control, Firearm Marking Control and Physical Gun Control / Security.
A New Industry Guide - Four Pillars of Firearms Compliance
"The" leading guide for operationalizing compliance with ATF Firearms Regulations and Gun Control Act.
This book is a must to have for all Compliance, Legal and Operational personnel working in the firearms industry. It is a practical guide to assist organizations with their greatest ATF compliance challenges - operationalizing rules and regulations in an effort to increase general controls, firearm marking controls, firearm tracing controls and physical gun control throughout manufacturing, distribution and retail environments.